The Association’s centennial
Finnish Bar Association Centennial
The Finnish Bar Association celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019. The theme of the anniversary is The attorney safeguards the rule of law. In particular, we want to highlight the work of attorneys-at-law and its significance for our society. It is our hope that the Bar Association’s centennial will increase awareness of why an attorney-at-law is the best choice for counsel.
We will create this celebration together.
Advocacy in its current form dates back to 13th-century France. In Finland, professional advocacy began in the early 17th century under Swedish rule. After Finland gained its independence, the attorneys of our nation organised themselves, and the Finnish Bar Association was founded in Turku in 1919.
We will arrange a variety of events for our members, elected officials and stakeholders during our centennial.
- 25 January 2019 Centennial Attorney Seminar, Messukeskus
- 14 June 2019 Centennial meeting of the Delegation, Turku
- 23 August 2019 Finnish Bar Association 100 Years gala and banquet, Helsinki
Events organised by the Bar Association’s chapters:
- 19 September 2019 Satakunta Chapter’s Public lecture in Rauma (Rauma-sali) at 17.45 – The documents of your life: wills, powers of trusteeship, marriage settlements.
- 19 September 2019 Häme Chapter’s public event at Tampereen keskustori square at 10-16.
- 20 September 2019 Centennial gala of the Häme Chapter, Tampere-talo, Sorsapuistosali
- 2 October 2019 S:t Michel Chapter’s Public lectures in Savonlinna (Kulttuurikellari) at 18.00. Local attorneys-at-law give lecture about last wills, trusteeships and real estate disputes and answer the public’s questions.
- 3 October 2019 Päijät-Häme Chapter’s Public lecture in Lahti (central library) at 17.30.
- 3 October 2019 Satakunta Chapter’s Public lecture in Pori (Pori’s university center) at 17.45 – The documents of your life: wills, powers of trusteeship, marriage settlements.
- 9 October 2019 S:t Michel Chapter’s Public lectures in S:t Michel at 18.00 (venue will be notified later). Local attorneys-at-law give lecture about last wills, trusteeships and real estate disputes and answer the public’s questions.
- 28 November 2019 Lappi Chapter’s public event in Kemi.
- 29 November 2019 Lappi Chapter’s public event in Rovaniemi.
Dreams change the world
The Finnish Bar Association’s centennial video gives an impressive introduction to the fundamental values that guide the work of attorneys-at-law.