Attorney-at-law is the profession of the future
Why join the bar?
The profession of the future attracts students
In the winter of 2018, the Finnish Bar Association asked law students what types of work and employers they were interested in. According to our survey, approximately three out of four students were interested in working as an attorney-at-law, and only one in five said that they were not at all interested in being an attorney. The students indicated the diversity of work, a competitive salary, development opportunities and a friendly work atmosphere as the most attractive factors for their future professions. Two-thirds of the respondents were women. And as many as 98.7 % of non-attorneys working in the legal profession stated that they would be prepared to work as attorneys-at-law in the future!
Specialise on your own terms
Read more on how to apply.
Benefits of membership
- You will have the right to use the title of attorney-at-law, held in high regard both in Finland and abroad.
- The title is also a complete resumé of your professional competence: you are a reliable professional who provides high-quality service, and your activities are ethical and highly supervised.
- You are a part of the professional body of attorneys-at-law and can network with colleagues by participating in the Bar Association’s diverse and influential judicial activities and fantastic members’ events.
- You will have access to the inexpensive and constantly improving continuing education provided by the Bar Association.
- In the elected positions of the Bar Association, you will have the opportunity to influence Finland’s judicial conditions and guidelines.
- You will have constant access to the Bar Association’s support and up-to-date guidelines.
Diverse services at your fingertips
As a member of the Bar Association, you have access to a variety of services. The Finnish Bar Association has extensive print and digital communications channels, so you will be the first to know of developments in your field and their underlying causes. You will also have access to the Bar Association’s guidelines and manuals, along with expert personal support.
Your benefits include:
- The Advokaatti magazine
- The Defensor Legis law journal
- Diverse continuing education for attorneys-at-law
- Personal professional advice
- Newsletters and legal news straight to your inbox
- Instructions and advice on IT matters (incl. free IT training)
- Exclusive events, such as the now-legendary Attorneys’ Day at the beginning of each year
- Access to research you can utilise in your work
- Support for marketing and communications through the Finnish Bar Association website
- Ensuring the quality of your operations by the Bar Association’s supervision
- International networking